Awards & Affiliations
- WM EarthCare™ won the 2014 StopWaste Business Efficiency Awards for its Homegrown Compost products. The StopWaste Business Efficiency Awards honor Alameda County businesses and institutions whose leadership and continuous efforts to improve environmental performance and business efficiency have achieved outstanding results
- OMRI® Listed WMEarthCare Homegrown Compost underwent a rigorous review to ensure it complies with USDA organic standards.
- WM EarthCare™ Homegrown Compost carries the US Composting Council’s Seal of Testing Assurance (STA), the industry standard for identifying ingredients and product uses.
- The California Department of Food and Agriculture seal is awarded to composters who supply the CDFA with feedstock sources, types and lab analysis as well as undergo random inspections of their facilities and product to verify nutrient claims.
- Alameda County yard trimmings and food scraps for Homegrown Compost are collected in our US Green Building Council LEEDTM Gold facility at the Davis Street Resource Recovery Facility in San Leandro.
WM EarthCare™ and its parent company, Waste Management, are supporters of:
- Bay Friendly Coalition (bayfriendlycoalition.org)
- StopWaste Lose Your Lawn (www.lawntogarden.org/)
- Project EAT (projecteat.com)
- City Slicker Farms (cityslickerfarms.org)
- Acta Non Verba (anvfarm.org)